Bike routes are NOT CLOSED to car traffic. Please follow all traffic signals, signs, and rules.
- Do not get ahead of your ride leader.
- Wait at turns for other members of your group to catch up.
- Follow the route together.
- Ride on the right, far enough from the curb to avoid hazards.
- Ride a straight line, stay left of parked cars to avoid an opening door.
- Be courteous to drivers—set a possible example and be a biking ambassador!
- Use hand signals to warn motorists and other riders:
- RIGHT = left arm out and bent up
- LEFT = left arm straight outstanding
- SLOW/STOP = left arm bent down, palm facing back
Terms and conditions for riding:
- Helmets and registration are MANDATORY for all riders
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by a parent/caregiver
- People age 12-17 must have written parent/caregiver permission and liability waiver (available at the event or here click link)
- All participants must sign a liability waiver for themselves and minors for whom they are responsible (available at the event )
Bike Livingston supports the concept of “complete streets.” Streets are “complete” when they are designed to enable safe access for all users—so that bicyclists, pedestrians, motorists, and transit user of all ages can comfortably travel on them. Bike Livingston recognizes the Township of Livingston’s efforts to “complete the streets” by planning and designing our roadways to welcome all residents.